Become A Member
Who we’re looking for…
PLEA actively seeks membership from individuals who:
- support PLEA’s goals, programs and participants;
- are willing to provide their perspectives and advice to the agency;
- are current or former participants of one or more of PLEA’s programs and services;
- are current or former volunteers of the agency;
- are former employees of the agency;
- live or work in the communities the agency serves; and/or
- reflect the diverse communities that the agency serves.
We expect our members to:
- uphold the constitution and comply with the bylaws
- support the organization’s goals, programs and participants;
- help ensure organizational accountability by attending the AGM and other special general meetings that may be called;
- elect the Board of Directors;
- maintain the accuracy of her/his/their contact information;
- encourage others to join and become involved in the agency;
- receive, review, and, if acceptable, approve the agency’s membership fee schedule; and
- suggest revisions to existing or the creation of new benefits for members.
You may also:
- act in an ongoing or occasional advisory capacity;
- run for election to be on the Board of Directors;
- provide advice on a project and
- donate to the agency.
Members of the agency receive the following benefits, which may change from time-to-time:
- a copy of the agency’s annual report;
- a regular newsletter featuring PLEA’s latest updates and stories;
- advance invitations to special events;
- reduced rates to attend PLEA’s ticketed (fundraising) events;
- the ability to serve on PLEA’s Board of Directors, committees and working groups;
- the ability to vote at the AGM, which includes electing members to the PLEA’s Board of Directors, receiving reports, and determining PLEA’s strategic directions; and
- recognition in PLEA’s annual report, unless anonymity is preferred.