This service is provided to youth (13-18 years of age) who live in Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows and Tri-Cities areas, are referred to us by MCFD and need support achieving their life goals. They may or may not have a Youth Agreement.
Why we do it...
The aim is to support youth prepare for adulthood and make a successful transition to living independently.
Where we do it...
Services are available to youth living in Anmore, Belcarra, Katzie First Nations Communities, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, and the Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody) areas.
Who funds us...
The services we provide are funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
What we do…
Services are provided one-to-one to youth on an outreach basis in the community. Our workers support youth to meet their identified goals which may include:
- securing safe and stable housing
- participating in educational programs, be successful in school and graduate
- accessing employment programs and secure jobs
- participating in social and recreational activities
- participating in events that provide positive and mutual peer support
- accessing the support of a mentor
- managing their day-to-day responsibilities
- connecting to resources and supports.
How we work…
This service is provided as part of an integrated network of outreach services that are tailored and combined to meet the unique strengths, needs and circumstances of each youth referred to us, and their families. Youth are encouraged to establish their own goals and to participate in developing their service and safety plans.
We accept referrals from probation officers and social workers working for the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD). For Anmore, Belcarra and Tri-Cities referrals call 604 708 2652. For referrals in Katzie First Nations Communities, Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows call 604 476 2821.