CAMS is an integrated, effective and efficient case administration and management system designed specifically for the community services sector. Now in Version 3.0 it is currently used by more 40 agencies throughout Canada that vary tremendously in terms of geography, size and complexity.
We built CAMS with the needs of front-line workers as our foremost concern. We started out thinking that we needed an efficient electronic recording system. While we have achieved that, we have also created a system that, at its heart, is a powerful tool to assist staff to plan their work thoughtfully. Through it they can manage their cases, easily track their time on each case and create effective, timely case reports.
Screens follow the case file lifecycle – key data is collected at each stage from referral, to intake, assessment, setting goals, reporting on progress and results and following up post-discharge – and the system accommodates the dynamic, non-linear, nature of human services. Case notes record the work done in relation to a case, and these entries populate a variety of case and program reports.
It has the ability to capture all contact reporting requirements, program activity, outcomes and milestones. It supports clinical supervision and management oversight. And it provides a wealth of data to support quality improvement, performance, good practice and research.
Safe & Secure
CAMS is an online system, or “Cloud Service.” Its internet transmissions are encrypted using third party security certificates, the same as those used in the banking industry. Data is backed up every 15 minutes in the server farm, with many levels of redundancy. Each agency has its own unique database, not shared with others, with its own logo and colours on the screens.
Other features include:
- 100% owned and located in British Columbia
- Supports compliance with CARF and COA standards
- Supports reporting to funders, stakeholders and accreditors
- Meets legal requirements to secure and protect the privacy of personal information
- Ensures secure access to information, with agency-controlled access to appropriate user levels
- Accommodates a wide range of programs and services
- Accessible from multiple worksites
- Supports a variety of users, including those with limited computer literacy
- Minimizes duplication of data entry
- A simple web browser interface makes it easy for users to find, search, browse and view the data they need
- Tracks waitlists, program participation, outcomes and milestones
- Produces a variety or reports, including annual statistics, incident summary, service summary
- Capacity to scan for completeness of files
- Training, support and help-desk services
CAMS is owned by BJP Case Administration Management System Ltd. which is a partnership of PLEA Community Services Society of BC and the John Howard Society of North Island. For more information, visit www.camsco.ca.